Tuesday 19 November 2013

Determination



“Mom, leave it to me. I’ll handle it.” That was my girl of seven.

“So you think you know it all?” I asked wrinkling my forehead.

“Yes. But if I win that chocolate in the fridge is mine.”

I agreed. Just then my husband came. She declared, “Dad, you quit smoking or I go on hunger strike.”



Image courtesy of pat138241 at
FreeDigitalPhotos.net




He laughed and left. She stuck to her word skipping breakfast and lunch. Her favourite pastries lay there before her yet, she did not touch them.

The father in him yielding, he declared “I quit.”

“Promise”

“Yes”

She won. The chocolate was hers.






The above is based on a prompt on   Write Tribe's "100 words on Saturday"

The prompt was - “So you think you know it all


Inviting you to visit my blog at wordpress too, to read the latest - http://geetaavij.wordpress.com

Please leave your footprints in the form of comments and suggestions. Your words mean a lot to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com