Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year Resolutions

Ask me about New Year Resolutions and I’d say “No Way.” Not because I am allergic to them but it’s simply that I have somehow never felt the need to make resolutions.  I open each day with a blank page, set out my priorities and move on. However if you ask me what I would love to do this year I would say

  • Live 2013 over again. 2013 is when I started becoming active as a freelancer and blogger. These two things have earned me a lot of friends and contacts. 2013 is also a year when I started having a social life in the true sense. Till 2011 I was so involved in my career that I did not have time even for the simple pleasures of life like reading a book uninterrupted, visiting an old friend or penning my thoughts. When I quit my job at the end of 2011 I decided I would spend the rest of my life catching up on all that I had missed during the past years, do all that I loved and yet had not been able to do for long and enjoy a stress free life in the company of my loved ones. I had left Mom at the age of 14 only to meet her once in a while on a short vacation. So, the new chapter meant more time with her and for her. Something I had yearned for long.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             2012 saw me move to my native place, meet people I had lost contact with, make new acquaintances but all these were not to the extent I wished. My only daughter’s engagement and marriage took up all my time and energy and then there was a short break after that, a time I spent recharging myself before I took the final plunge as a full time freelancer and blogger. I also started to slowly pick up on reading, a habit I lost somewhere in the mid 90’s. The start was slow yet I did not give up. I read some really wonderful titles. So finally coming to 2014 I have some wonderful titles on my table and in my book shelf some waiting for me to give them a little love since ages. I must finish them off before my eyes let me down.

  • Visit my daughter and SIL as often as possible. Age is catching up fast on Mom. Till a few months back she was healthy in the true sense. BP, Diabetes and Cholesterol were miles away from her. But then a month or two back she was diagnosed for Hypertension and Cholesterol. She has her good days and bad days. So don’t know how often or till when I will be able to go over to my daughter’s place. But then even if I can’t make it I know she will come over to visit us as often a possible. The very thought is soothing and energizing.

  • Be more active on the social circuit, make new friends, visit relatives especially the aged more often and try to do my bit to better another’s life.

  • Last but not the least make that trip my husband has been waiting for since long. A trip to Orissa. It’s a wish he expressed in 2012 but one that is yet to be fulfilled. Must somehow make it happen this year. Mom too is excited about it.

In short 2014 at present seems to be packed to the brim.


********************


Linking this post to Write Tribe's First Wednesday Prompt for the New Year



Inviting you to visit my blog Fabric of Life too to read the latest 

Please leave your footprints in the form of comments and suggestions. Your words mean a lot to me.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com